SEM- Search Engine Marketing is the fastest method to put your website on the search engine result pages when Google crawls for any information related to your website which increases your website’s visibility. SEM is an effective digital marketing strategy that helps to reach the right target audience and increase revenues. It increases the visibility of a website on search engine results pages. It is also termed as PPC- Pay per click. With an increasing number of consumers researching and shopping for online products SEM has become a crucial online marketing strategy for increasing a company’s traffic. New visitors to a website find it by performing a query on a search engine. So results are quick and immediate with SEM as customers in-person searches their queries and lands on our page for the products. Hence it is the fastest way to drive traffic to the website.
Need for SEM:
- SEM Conducts keyword research and selects the set of keywords related to their website/product
- It helps to select a geographic location for the ad to be displayed within
- Create a text-based ad to display on the search results pages
- Users can bid their price he/she is willing to pay for each click on their ad
- It can provide immediate results with fast ROI for businesses to grow their traffic quickly and capitalize on short-term
How does it work?
It works with the search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo through paid ads to reach potential customers at the perfect time and place. We use some terms while working on the Google ads:
- Impressions which talks about the number of times your ad campaign was visible on the screen it does not consider whether the user has seen it or not
- CPC (cost per click) denotes the amount that you need to pay when a user clicks your ad
- CPM (Cost per million impressions) is another way to pay for a search ad depending on your goals and for how many users you want your ad to be shown
- CTR (click-through-rate) is the number of clicks you got to your website from people that saw the ad even if they didn’t click on the actual ad
Benefits of SEM:
- SEM increases your online presence which enhances your brand awareness and visibility
- Optimizing your landing page will increase your Quality Score with search engine marketing networks which reduces your average CPC
- SEM increases the online lead generation which in turn generates sales and increases the revenue
- Organic SEO will generate results in long term but PPC is ideal for business as it generates results fast
- It allows you to target specific keywords and for the right target audience at the right time
- You also can customize your ads to seem supported time of day, day of the week, geography, language, devices and audiences supported prior visits
Usually, a business should use SEO and PPC together, though they both have their pros and cons they work best when utilized together.